Purdue hist 104 online dating
In 13 Richard of Toomer bought land in Henstridge from John of Wedgewood and others. 90) It formed the nucleus of the Toomer estate, held of Henstridge manor by 1401, (fn. In 1409 the estate was granted to their aunt Alice, wife of William Carent. The last left his estates to his illegitimate sons William (d.
98) son of William the younger, was followed in the direct male line by William (d.
109) In 1584 a great gate, porch, gatehouse, middle chambers, kitchen, and pigeon house were mentioned. 110) Elizabeth Carteret lived there with her second husband in the 1690s but thereafter the building was let as a farmhouse. 111) The Medlycotts, however, reserved one grand room, chamber, and stable. 112) Toomer Farm House was largely rebuilt on the same site (fn.
114) married Robert Puncherdon and her daughter Joan (d.
19) and beyond the junction with the Sherborne–Shaftesbury road at Henstridge Ash, recorded in 1686; (fn.
20) and also both west and east along lanes leading to the marsh. 34) at Henstridge Ash, later the Virginia Ash Hotel, (fn. South of the Fountain the Three Stars beerhouse was probably open by 1851 but had closed by 1883. 40) The Bird in Hand on the corner of Blackmoor Lane may have opened in the mid 19th century and remained open in 1993.